Monday, October 11, 2004

songaday volume 2 #11

welp. here is the iridescent trio

let it never be said that...um...something something. okay. this is a very curious one. horrifying? it will grow on you? easily a "halloween" song, which is odd in and of itself. moreover, it took me forever to get this one going (and i'm-none-too-sure about what i finally settled on). i tried many serious and high-minded ideas with all sorts of complicated and not-so-working drum things. so i tried the opposite thing. which ended up being about a skeleton, monkey, and bear who play loud cacophonous songs on village hilltops. the featured instrument is skeleton. i think that they think that they are most welcome, though i am not so sure that this is always the case. it is mostly just the lovable yet awfylly drunk hobos who welcome them and join in on their songs. but for all the trio know, every towne is completely made up of lovable drunk hobos. regardless, if you see them, it would be wise to just give them some macaroni and sing along.

so yeah: it was tremendously hard to get today's song done. the results were sort of crazy fun and i-don't-knowish (glowish?). but that is the same thing that happened last time with eleven song . (that song has gone on to become one of my least favorites, but a big favorite of some excellent and discerning friends...) moreover, i set out with a pretty serious premise in mind. i loved bologna the bear, but i felt pressed to get something more "weighty" off my chest. shows what i know. he's a heavy bear. and i'm pretty sure it's balogna who plays the keyboards.

in hindsight, it needs a jug. a ghost jug.

coming to your village very soon,
lovemarty

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.
yes.
i dare say that this song harkens back to the days of 1998! only, more "mature".
it seems like a logical progression from a place way far back that you jumped away from at some point, instead of progressing from at the time. that sounds a little confusing, but i think you know what i mean.
it sounds just like your drawings. like your halloween drawings. i swear. go look at your sketchbook from then.
that's when we were in new love. tee hee hee.
that is also when i knew what i was going to be for halloween.
so much has changed.
maybe your song means that i will know what i'm going to be for halloween soon!!!!!
i love this song! it helps me with my costumes!
i will be super manager bear for halloween!
i will wear my helmet!

love,
mae

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's two in a row where they've been character-drive songs. Story songs. Now, at first listen I can't tell if the story of this song is present in the text of the song, as it is in Bologna the Bear. But I love the image so goddamned much I insist- INSIST- we must make a short film of the Iridescent Trio for next Halloween.

This I COMMAND!

-Serpentor Farrell

alena said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

Anonymous said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

Plasma TElevision Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Plasma Television site/blog. It pretty much covers Plasma Television related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word halloween, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

Plasma TV Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a between difference lcd plasma television
site/blog. It pretty much covers between difference lcd plasma television
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)